ILT Stadium Southland,
The Southland Indoor Leisure Centre Charitable Trust commissioned the design and construction of the $43 million ILT Stadium Southland. The stadium hosts a wide range of activities and events including local, national and international sporting events, shows, concerts and exhibitions.
- A steel roof system comprising 50m long-span trusses up to 5m deep to create an open and columnless floor space in excess of 10,000m²
- 5 timber-sprung multi-sport community courts
- 2 timber-sprung multi-sport international grade courts
- 1 portable timber-sprung sports floor
- 4 squash courts
- 10 Clip 'N Climb walls
- 18m high climbing wall
- 4 function rooms
- Permanent and retractable padded grandstand seating for 4,019 people
- 200 inch four-sided centre-hung LED display and scoreboard
- Network of high level gantries to facilitate rigging and lighting for events
- Incorporation of the existing SIT Zero Fees Velodrome of international calibre
The Engenium team was selected by the client to undertake the structural design of the 10,000m2 stadium due to our existing relationship built on the success of the SIT Zero Fees Velodrome, also designed by the Engenium team in May 2006.
To facilitate the client’s vision of a fast-tracked construction programme, our team was able to deliver a comprehensive set of construction documentation, 3D CAD models for both the concrete and structural steelwork. This information was more comprehensive than the industry standard enabling significant time advantages to the project, particularly in the early stages where the Contractor’s shop drawings were able to be produced directly from the models.
The project also included the seismic strengthening of the existing grandstand and amenities building to %100NBS.
Officially opened by former Prime Minister Sir John Key, the venue hosts up to 80 events per year.